WORK WITH US
A growing, caring company
We consider ourselves to be small but beautifully formed. With an experienced team of Bristol-based civil and structural engineers plus support staff, we are growing rapidly, and aim to offer our staff a pleasant and enjoyable working environment, as well as – of course – the opportunity to develop their career, work on a range of exciting projects (our current workload includes banks, listed buildings, change of use, volume housing, a mosque, a school extension, community centre development and a cricket pavilion), and take their next steps in terms of Chartership depending on their starting point. We hope you will want to work with us.
As part of our commitment to creating happy employees, we are proud to offer a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and free eye tests. If you think you would like to work with us, please get in touch via our contact page, and do check out our Facebook page for regular updates!
RECRUITING April 2022 – STRUCTURAL/CIVIL ENGINEER, GRAD +1-3 YEARS
To help us exceed our clients’ expectations, we are currently recruiting a civil/structural engineer with 1-3 years’ postgraduate experience to join our small but dedicated and highly experienced team in our Bristol office.
- If you have an MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering, are keen to progress and have a track record in our field, have a can-do attitude, communicate well at all levels, with a positive working attitude, and want to work in a small but highly professional, fast-growing and committed team with a great reputation, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- If successful, you will be working on and taking ownership for a stimulating variety of projects, interacting with both our clients and directors, with plenty of opportunity to broaden your knowledge base and develop professionally. You will have a goal of achieving Chartership, and have some experience of taking the lead on some projects/elements of projects, and supervising junior staff. You will also have some experience of client/project team liaison, and on this occasion we are specifically interested in communication skills and 3D modelling.
- A knowledge of steel, concrete, timber and load bearing masonry structures is essential and the ability to design to British Standards and Eurocodes. Drainage design and/or façade engineering knowledge would also be an advantage. Experience with computer software is also essential – notably MasterSeries and TEDDS; along with the ability to draw in AutoCad and general Microsoft Office skills. BIM/REVIT capability would also be appreciated.
A typical day’s work could include:
- Structural analysis, and design across all materials with occasional drawing work
- Liaison with the whole project team, internally and externally
- Project management, site visits, structural surveys or reports
Our client base includes architects, developers, project managers and design and build contractors regionally and in some cases nationally. You will be working on the design for schemes including:
- New commercial developments
- Refurbishment and change of use projects
- Bespoke new build residential schemes
- Volume housing design
- Façade engineering design verification work
Interested? Email us today on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a letter telling us why you would like to work for PRO Structures.
February 2021 – Civil/structural engineer, grad +4 or above/senior engineer
May 2019 – Civil/structural engineer, grad +2-4 years experience
September 2018 – Apprentice Civil/Structural Engineer – degree apprenticeship framework
April 2017 – Structural Engineer: Grad plus 1-2 years
January 2017 – Graduate civil/structural engineer
July 2016 – Student Structural/Civil Engineering placement
March 2015 – Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer