Project value: £150,000
5 new steel-framed portal bays plus new 2-storey office
Site inspection and project management; structural, sub-structure and foundation design
BPA Consultants Ltd
Prompt Transport’s expanded depot required the addition of five new steel-framed portal bays of 5m x 11.9m span to an existing six bay portal-framed building, plus the addition of a new steel-framed two-storey office enclosure within the existing 1,900ft2 building. The existing building’s elevation and roof were also to be re-clad with proprietary insulated steel composite panels.
On this scheme we were involved with many aspects of the development, offering best value through a consistent, integrated approach, acting as the client’s eyes and ears through the design process.
PRO Structures’ work involved:
- Site inspection of the trial pit excavations undertaken, to confirm the typical existing foundation sizes, along with obtaining the soil’s foundation design parametrics.
- Project management of the borehole investigations which were required to alleviate South Gloucestershire County Council’ s concerns regarding potential worked coal seams at shallow depth under the new building footprint.
- New foundation and superstructure design
- Justification of the existing foundations to carry additional loading
- Liaison with the local building control department to close out any design items of concern.